In everyone’s life, they have a handful of life changing experiences. If you volunteer in children’s ministry, I can almost guarantee that that will be one of them. Here’s a short list of ways that volunteering in children’s ministry has changed my life and might change yours (some lighthearted and others not so much):
- You’ll start watching Phineas & Ferb if you don’t have kids (or when they’re not there if you do).
- You will come to understand why kids hold a special place in the kingdom of God.
- You will learn more (both in terms of width and depth) of the nature of God.
- You will find out that exhaustion can be absolutely exhilarating.
- You’ll learn more about different allergies to different snacks than you ever wanted to know.
- You will learn how to make up a game at the drop of a hat to keep kids engaged.
- You will learn to laugh at yourself.
- You will see the grace of God in the heart of a child.
- You will figure out every child is different and it's our job to figure out how to relate to them.
- You will see first hand what it means when Jesus talks about the faith of a child.
- You will discover how to make 1,257 things from a box of 20 Magnetix.
- You will make a difference.
- You will become a better bargain shopper.
- You will smile – a lot!
- You will gain a sixth sense for when a kid has to go to the bathroom and when they can wait.
- You come to find out that children are capable of a lot more than you thought.
- You will see the Glory of God in His work with kids.
Click here for more info on how to start volunteering at HDC Kids or visit our information table after each of our services this weekend!