The reality is that a time comes in all children's lives when they seem to care more about what another adult says than they care what their own parents say. That's why it's important to start early in your child's life by establishing the right coaches.When we talk about small groups for kids we are talking about strategically placing coaches in the lives of our children.
Growing up in this generation requires some pretty significant relationships. Children need the skills to navigate through difficult obstacles and the right voices to give wise directions. Everyone needs to be believed in by someone and everyone needs to belong somewhere. True community provides both. We help to provide community by connecting your kids to a caring leader and a consistent group of peers each weekend in our Hang Ten Groups.
When we create this sense of community, several things can happen:
- Parents feel supported, not alone, in trying to have moral and spiritual influence with their children.
- The church is characterized by meaningful relationships, not superficial ones.
- We reproduce a generation of world-changers who are able to develop authentic relationships easily.
- Children will pursue counsel from Christian mentors rather than unhealthy relationships.
- Leaders discover their potential to make a lasting investment in someone’s life.
One of the many reasons we believe so strongly in our Hang Ten Groups for kids is the potential they provide for parents, leaders, and kids to participate in God’s plan for spiritual development and discipleship. Jesus set the example of living in a consistent community – why should we live any other way?Click here to learn more about getting your child (grade 1 – 6) involved in a Hang Ten Group.