Here’s a list of things we at High Desert Church feel kids need, spiritually -- things parents and children's ministry leaders can work on together for the spiritual health of our kids:
- A really big God they can trust no matter what. We partner with parents to teach children nothing is too big for God.
- Peers who believe what they believe so they talk with their friends about their faith. We encourage children to participate in small groups where they have friends and feel comfortable building friendships.
- Other adult voices that support the same biblical message they may already be hearing at home.
- Parents who make it their business to know where their kids are spiritually. We encourage families to spend time together in conversational intimacy with Jesus; to read the Bible together for a deepened understanding God and to encourage applying His truth to daily life.
- Uncommon sense to help them make wiser choices. We want kids to see our world from God’s perspective so they can make the wise choice.
Five simple sentences packed full of potential for the kids in your family... the kids in our community.