1. In a few sentences, write what led you to understand that you need Christ to take away your sin:
As a child I was raised in multiple Christian churches. I had always known that Jesus Christ was our savoir and the only way of life. I chose to hide from the truth and make nothing but excuses. However, now as an adult I understand that Christ IS the only way and I do NEED him apart of my life. My heart just did not feel complete without Christ apart of my everyday life.
2. Describe what your life was like before you gave your life to Jesus Christ:
My life had its ups and downs. I have always had a feeling of loneliness and my heart just felt so empty. There were times where I would do well for periods of time but I still could not find my happiness. I kept searching and searching for other things, other people, etc trying to find something that would make my life worth living for, but nothing helped.
How And When And Why
3. Tell us how and when and why (specific details) you received Christ as your Lord and Savior. Explain it in such a way that a non-christian would understand how to become a Christian.
I have always believed and received Christ as my Lord and Savior. I chose a different route in life but the hardship of life led me back to Him. I came to HDC for the first time back in June 2015, right after I married, and it was the best decision I had made in a while. I told my husband that I wanted to enter into a marriage full of Gods love and blessings. I had already gone through a divorce at a young age and I knew that if Christ wasn’t going to be a part of the equation then our marriage wouldn’t last. So I came to the morning service broke down and surrendered my heart to the Lord.
4. Who helped you understand what to do?
My family have always been a huge support team and encouraged me to return to church because it was best for me and my little family. My grandma told me when I moved to Victorville that I needed to get married and find a church for me and my family. She had told me that I needed to count my blessings and thank God for all has done for me. She was right.
5. In a few sentences, explain how your life now is different now that Jesus is in it.
Since I gave my life back to Christ I have been so blessed. I can see my heart changing in so many ways and I just think of other ways that can help me be a better person. I find so much peace, joy, and happiness now. My heart just craves more and more each time I come to church.
6. Make sure you have a clear and concise closing sentence that you can memorize to tell others.
I will no longer feel alone because I know that he will never leave nor forsake me.