1. I had grown up in a Christian home, and was always aware that I needed Jesus in my life. Like many people, I fell off track with my walk with God, and spent too many years living a life filled with sin. About five years ago I started going to church on a regular basis, and within this last year I have felt God tugging on me to get my life back on track.
2. My life was incredibly lonely. I could be surrounded with friends and family, but I always felt alone and unloved. There was always something missing. I was angry with God because my life had not turned out the way it was supposed to. Now I'm learning to trust that God is with me always and He's never going to leave me.
3. I had first asked God to come into my heart when I was about 10 years old. After years of partying and searching for acceptance and love, I felt the need to have something permanent in my life. I knew all along that this was not how I was supposed to be living, and finally I realized I was going nowhere. I was homesick and knew I needed to come back to my Heavenly Father.
4. My family has always been a huge support when I needed them. I've always had people praying for me without me realizing, and even when I didn't think I needed it.
5. I'm learning to trust in His plan. I still struggle with not having complete control, but I'm realizing that when I'm left to my own devices, I can do some serious damage.
6. When you feel like no one is there and your life is going nowhere or doesn't matter, God is always standing in the background waiting for you to turn around and ask Him for help. Just like our parents watched over us and always made sure to be able to help us when we were growing up, God is watching us and waiting for our call.