1. In a few sentences, write what led you to understand that you need Christ to take away your sin: Romans 3:23-24 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. This led me to understand that nothing I do can ever bring me to be without sin, only Christ can do that because He is the way, the truth, and the life.
2. Describe what your life was like before you gave your life to Jesus Christ: My life was nothing! I had no real meaning in life but myself, and honestly once you think about it, that kind of meaning is weak and will break because God has instilled a light within us and it cannot be sustained with our sinful lives, alone.
HOW AND WHEN AND WHY
3. I had prayed as a little kid to ask Christ into my heart but I don't think I understood that whole concept at the time. I don't think I actually meant it until the summer before my sophomore year of high school, at Hume Lake Christian Camps. It was Thursday night and our speaker had gotten to a heavy part of his message, about how selfish we, as human beings truly were. He then told us of how strong God truly is and how (through Christ alone) we could be saved from our sins and I knew I had to pray this prayer because I felt so heavy with the pain of this world and what my sins had caused.
4. Who helped you understand what to do? Our speaker (Albert Tate) led us in prayer that night to accept Jesus into our hearts.
5. In a few sentences, explain how your life is different now that Jesus is in it. My life has purpose now. I live to serve Him and to reach everyone and anyone who wants to hear of our great and mighty God.
6. I want to thank God for giving me a new life that is not about me, but about Him and His glory.