1. Going to Church on a regular basis and learning more about who Jesus is and coming to realize that His love is unconditional and that he died for my sins and that he is the only one who can save me and forgive me led me to understand that I need Christ to take away my sin.
2. Before I gave my life to Jesus Christ, I always felt like a part of me was empty and had no clear direction. I always considered myself a good person and always tried to do the right thing, but I still felt this emptiness that only God could fill. I always believed in God, but I felt that my relationship with him was inconsistent. I would only look to God in a time of need and I realized that I wanted and needed to have a stronger and closer relationship with God.
How and When and Why
1. I accepted Jesus into my heart about 1 year ago in a service here at HDC through a prayer by admitting than I am a sinner and that I couldn’t come close to being good enough to deserve heaven, believing that Jesus is the only one who could save me, and I choosing to place my faith in Him and accepted him into my heart. A few months after I accepted Jesus Christ into my heart, I lost someone who was a huge role model in my life who loved the Lord unconditionally and was one important person in my life who helped me fully realize and understand the importance of getting to know Jesus personally and accepting him as my Savior and accepting his gift of eternal life.
2. The pastors here at HDC, my parents, my best friend's mother, and friends all helped me understand the importance of accepting Jesus in my heart and gave me clarity on what to do to know Jesus personally.
1. After I accepted Jesus Christ as my savior, I have never felt more satisfied and have peace and love in my heart. I know longer feel empty and I have become hungry to know what the bible says about being a better friend, sister, daughter and to also follow the example Christ set for us. I began to see things in a whole new perspective and internally, I see a huge difference and feel like this is the next step to growing closer to Him and continuing my walk with Jesus.